covid-19 keeping you safe
COVID Secure – How We Will Keep You Safe
The Turek Clinic want to reassure you that we are working extra hard to keep you safe. We are implementing COVID Secure measures throughout the clinic to minimise the risk of infection and transmission of Coronavirus. This will include:
- Enhanced infection control
- How clients access the clinic
- Scheduling of appointments
- Social distancing
- Staff training
The safety of our clients is always paramount to us. We have always strictly adhered to our health and safety policies and infection control procedures. These policies and procedures are being updated to include COVID Secure and the guidelines released from the Government.
We will deliver all treatments in line with the Government guidelines. We will follow the advice from Public Health England and the NHS in regards to the appropriate use of PPE and wherever possible social distancing will be maintained.
Whilst this will mean that your experience with us may be slightly different than before COVID, your treatments, the professionalism and the friendliness of our staff will always be of the highest quality.
Booking and Attending Appointments
Telephone and Video Consultations
Where possible, we will be encouraging all new clients to have a telephone or video consultation with a practitioner before attending the clinic. This helps to reduce the time clients spend in the clinic and the number of people attending the clinic each day.
A telephone or video consult will provide you and us with all the necessary information required before attending the clinic.
Attending the clinic
- Appointments will be staggered during the day to maintain social distancing between clients
- You should attend your appointment alone. Unfortunately, family/friends will not be able to accompany you
- When you arrive, you should wait in your car until a member of staff comes to greet you
- Before entering the clinic we will take your temperature and ask a series of questions about your health and exposure to COVID-19
- Personal belongings that you bring into the clinic should be limited to a mobile phone, purse/wallet and a drink
- We will not be able to offer clients refreshments, although you may provide your own
- You will be required to wear a face mask or face covering (unless having a facial treatment)
- If you are having a facial treatment, please remove all makeup before your appointment
- On arrival and departure of the clinic, all clients will be asked to wash and sanitise their hands
- The waiting area will be limited to maintain social distancing
- Payment terminals will be sanitised between clients
If you or a person you live with has symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19, or if you have been in direct contact with someone who has symptoms, YOU MUST NOT NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. You should contact us immediately so that we can reschedule your appointment.
Any person who arrives at the clinic who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in direct contact with someone who has symptoms will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
COVID-19 symptoms include dry persistent cough, high temperature >37.7°c or loss of sense of taste and or smell
Should you develop symptoms for COVID-19 or test positive within 14 days of your treatment, please call the clinic immediately.
Cleaning and Sanitisation
Robust cleaning procedures are already in place and include:
- Daily deep clean of the clinic
- Sanitising treatment rooms and equipment between each client
- Sanitising all touchpoints throughout the clinic after each client. Such as door handles, light switches etc
- Toilet facilities will be cleaned and sanitised after each client
- Hand sanitisers will be available throughout the clinic
- Face masks will be available for purchase from the clinic
Staff and COVID
- We will follow the PPE guidance from Public Health England and NHS England
- All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE, this could include masks, gloves, aprons and eye protection
- All staff undergo training in infection control and COVID awareness
- If a staff member or person they live with develops COVID symptoms or tests positive for COVID, they will be asked to self-isolate for 7-14 days
By taking these steps, we will help ensure that we keep you and each other safe. We would like to thank you for your understanding and for your continued support.